Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What I have been doing lately....Spinning and Diving!

This is Shetland Roving that I bought from a fellow knitting friend whoose sister works for a fiber mill.  I decided to spin it Lace Weight, in that my first attempt failed (see Burnt Orange Shetland).  Second Time was the charm!  I plan on making a lace scarf or perhaps a small shoulder wrap, depending on yardage.




After being out of the water for what seems several weeks, my boyfriend and I went diving at Anacapa Island which is part of the Channel Islands National Park this past Saturday.  Being a 'Nudi' fan, I spotted this very usual Nudibranch, one that I hadn't seen before.   I have yet to send his photo to my nudi expert friend's for proper ID.



I continue to work on making a carrying bag for my Ashford Joy.  It's a work in progress, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I am NOT a seamstress, so installing zippers will be the challenge for me.  It will have to wait until next week, for I will be traveling to Az to visit my mother for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment