Friday, August 28, 2009

My *NEW* Treasure





Those that *know* me, know that I love to shop at Thrift Stores.  You never know what you might find.  I usually shop for antique sewing machines, sewing notions, quilts, spinning and fiber related items, and early American furniture.  Some I keep, others I will resell on Craigslist for a profit.

My recent trip proved to be a worthwhile stop.  Upon entering the store, I noticed a very small chair.  It was in great shape, no scratches or cracks.  Not sure the maker, I presume it to be hand made by a craftsman just from the detail and workmanship that went into it.  What attracted me to it most, was it's size.  It is wide enough for an adult to sit on, but low enough for a child to sit on as well... or perhaps, to be used in conjunction with a spinning wheel!  It also has a high back, which was very appealing to me at the time.  

As you can see, it goes perfectly with my Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel.  The best part about My *NEW* Treasure, it was ONLY $5.00!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment