Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy 'Spinning' Anniversary to me!

Relaxing, Camping, and Spinning at Lake Cachuma



Today marks the third month that I have been spinning!  Whoo hooo!!!  The addiction and the craze has taken a stronghold on my being.  Today, marks Ashland's 3 month and Grace's 1 month Birthday!!!

Grace and I just returned from camping at Lake Cachuma here in CA.  We were camping on a beautiful bluff that overlooked the lake.  During our 4 day stay, we completed the 4oz of Merino/ Silk and even Navajo plied it.  It is now ready for the niddy noddy.


The Navajo Plying did not go as smoothly as it did on Ashland, but hopefully after streatching it out on the Niddy Noddy, washing and 'Whacking' it will become what I intended it to be.

We were going to visit the alpaca farm 'Ranch of the Oaks' however, due to traffic and the fact they had out of town guests, we weren't able to visit.  I did not leave the area however without fiber.  We managed to go to Solvang for a couple of hours where I spent some time at Solvang's
Village Spinning and Weaving.  I came away with not one, but TWO pounds of Merino Top.  One pound of Nutmeg, and one pound of Pumpkin to make myself a nice fall sweater.  I certainly hope that I'm not biting off more than I can chew.  LOL  I tend to do this with all of my hobbies.  I don't just dabble, I jump in Head First!



1 comment:

  1. Jan, I love the beer cap "coin" to show scale. Looks like you had a great time!

    - Denise (aka dlotter on ravelry

    ReplyDelete