Friday, August 28, 2009

A New Journey Begins....

I recently posted about camping at Lake Cachuma and visiting Village Spinning and Weaving in which I bought two pounds of Merino.  A new journey begins as I start to spin for a shawl called Sleeves in Your Pi.

I have chosen a Pumpkin and and Nutmeg Merino Top that I plan on blending together to have a slight variation throughout the shawl.  I hope that I am not biting off more than I can chew!!!


Also while I camped, I was able to complete 4oz of a Merion/ Silk Blend and Navajo Plied it.  This is what it looks like now that I have washed and thwacked it.  I have just under 300 yards.
Not sure what I am going to make, perhaps some house slippers for the fall/ winter would be nice.  I plan on swatching it this evening.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment