Monday, August 10, 2009

Burning the Midnight Oil.....Once Again

You would think that I would be tired.  My daughter and I drove 6 hours today returning to California from Arizona.  Upon arriving home, I did the usual household chores; then it was off to sewing, quilting, and then more spinning.

I took my Joy with me to Arizona.  I started to spin a Merino/ Silk blend that was hand dyed by Fluff Fibers (Etsy).  I hope to Navajo ply and to have enough yardage for a pair of socks.  i continued to spin this evening, for it's' too hot to go to bed (no AC).  Mind you, it was hot in AZ, but at least it's a dry heat, unlike here in California where we tend to get some humidity.  Ugh.

Anyway, here are some pics of what I have done so far:


While visiting AZ, my daughter and I snuck off to the Fiber Factory in Mesa.  Very nice shop with wonderful friendly staff.  Outside there shop is an over sized stuffed pink chair.  I couldn't resist taking a pic of my DD Briana.

I came home with 4oz of hand dyed BFL.  Not sure what I will spin to make, perhaps more socks or maybe a nice pair of fingerless gloves for winter.  Project TBD.




No comments:

Post a Comment