Saturday, June 13, 2009

WWKIP Day A Day of Friendship, Knitting, Spinning, and Alpacas!!!






Today I attended WWKIP Day that my local and Yahoo Group 'All Things String' sponsored at El Dorado Park in Long Beach California.  The picture to the left is  Renatta Foster, our founder of our group.  Approximately 70+ Knitters, Crocheters, Spinners, and Spindlers attended the event.  Here is me, above to the right with my Ashford Traditional wheel.  I spent the majority of the day spinning.  I even participated in my first ever spinning contest!  I didn't win, but it was fun just the same.  We also had a 'Mystery Knitting' contest in which we were given a pattern to knit and complete.  The first person done, won a prize.  The Mystery Pattern ended up being a bottle cozy.... very appropriate and useful!  The highlight of the picnic was seeing so many spinners with so many different wheels.  But the biggest highlight was being visted by two Alpaca's!!!  Seven and his youngest sister.  Margo, their owner, also donated a bag of black Alpaca fiber to our Drawing Table in which I happened to WIN!  Yipee!!!  Oh yeah, did I mention that we even had jugglers at the picnic?  Pretty cool!  Everyone had a great time.  The picnic started at 11am and was supposed to end at 3pm.  I think everyone was having so much fun, they lost track of time.  Most of us stayed until 6pm!  What a great way to start the weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment