Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lastest Spinning and Knitting: Merino/ Tencel Roving

MERINO/ TENCEL BLEND   This is my second attempt at spinning yarn.  I had purchased this wonderful Merino/ Tencel Blend from a Fiber Arts Show last November(?) in Redondo Beach thinking to myself that 'someday' I will be a Spinner!!!  After my success with my first attempt at spinning, I thought, why not?!  So I prepped my wool and away I went!  I was fortunate to spin this fairly thin, so my thought is to 3-ply it using the Navajo Method.  I have done extensive search on plying, and for hand dyed fiber such as this, I think to Navajo ply it would be best.

Now to learn to Ply!  LOL  Someone suggested using commercial yarn to practice with first.  I think this is a MOST EXCELLENT idea!!!  More to follow.........

Regarding my knitting.  Well, I was burning the midnight oil last week knitting up a Ewe.   I only got as far as his little body and that is all.  But don't we ALL have WIP's???  I did manage to work on a pair of socks today from Cat Bordhi's book:  Knitting Pathways for the Sock Knitter.  I am using Smooshy Yarn that is scrumptious!

Until another time.  Adios Mi Amgios!




No comments:

Post a Comment